November 25-26, 2013 - London, UK
For over 15 years, SNL Financial's Bank Analyst Training programme has been the benchmark for professionals desiring to analyse, advise or regulate U.S. financial institutions.
Now, adapted and customized for the European banking environment and newly updated for 2013, Analyst Training provides an introduction to topics required to analyse banks in Europe.
An unstable regulatory environment, treacherous sovereign, and stagnant economic growth have combined to make assessing the true status and prospects of European banks more important than ever.
And more difficult.
Analyst Training in the European Banking Sector gives you the foundational framework it takes to succeed in the endeavour. You'll learn what lenses to apply and how to apply them.
Coursework for the programme is a balanced mixture of formal teaching, open questions, brainstorming, presentations, exercises and real life examples and case studies. Participants work in groups, with the room arranged in cabaret style. You can expect to rotate around the room and be looked to for a high degree of participation
There is an additional benefit as well; Analyst Training provides an opportunity to meet peers from across the financial services industry, including investment banks, asset managers and commercial banks.
At the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Provide a framework for analysis of European banks under the current environment
- Explain the inter-relationship between financial and non-financial analysis
- Undertake an effective financial analysis
- Demonstrate an understanding of a bank’s financial statements
- Identify and analyse the potential macro and industry factors affecting a bank including the regulatory environment
- Undertake a full analysis of a bank demonstrating an understanding and application of the full range of analytical tools
This programme presumes familiarity with basic accounting and finance concepts, including financial ratios and discounted cash flow analysis.